New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  14:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, my dearies, you'll need to start thinking about your characters for Delta Green. A bit of background information:

Delta Green is a covert American government organisation dedicated to protecting folks from paranormal events. Officially it no longer exists, and it maintains under 100 active agents at any one time. Investigations will be made up of a small number of DG agents (no more than five) and the remainder will be DG "friendlies". Most DG agents will come from some form of law enforcement agency, such as the FBI, but friendlies can come from almost any walk of life.

So, have a think about who you want to play - If they'll be an actual agent or not. Consider these points: DG is an investigative game, and you'll need a number of sources, skills and contacts in order to progress and solve clues. You will also need your thinking caps on, as I'll be making you rely much more on asking the correct questions (and in the correct way) than rolling against Idea or Spot Hidden. Also bear in mind that it is likely that you will come up against some powerful foes. Combat may be inevitable, and you'll need some members of the party to be skilled with weapons. I will also take into consideration exactly how you look and act when interviewing people and suspects in this game. Walking around a crowded street carrying shotguns and semi-autos can only draw attention to yourselves, and threatening every single person you come across will never get you far.

I will be treating character mortality realistically in this game - If an event or a foe would cause a character to die, then you'll have to get rolling again. You'll be up against desperate groups and could easily find yourself on the bad end of a hit list.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  15:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me! I take it time line is current day? I got Cthulhu core rules at home, is there any major differences to character types available? etc?

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  16:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's modern day, yes. I'll put some more ideas for character classes up later, included different government agencies you could use.

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  16:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool!

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2004 :  18:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to be a coke head wizard, with his own lab where he mixes up cocktails of drugs to sell to the neighbourhood kids, he will have a semi auto pistol +5 of dragon control and a reference on his character sheet pointing to the inventory pages of the GM's manual - this saves me time explaining what I have got because I have everything.

At any given opportunity I will be rude and abnoxious to NPC's and if I run out of things to say I will shoot them. No I will just shoot them.

I will leave bombs at every site we visit, so we leave no clues behind that we have ever been there, I will drive a 5 tonne armoured personel carrier with heavy machine guns pointed everywhere. I will sleep in my body armour, in a concrete silo, buried in the Arctic.

Clearly every crime scene is a hazard and so I will purify first with my napalm flame thrower, before looking for clues. I shall shout at contacts and tell them they are useless, likewise to local law enforcement who are clearly incompetent or they could have cleared up this mess by now.

I'd like skills of shouting, shooting, alchemy, drug production, gun running, shouting, interrogation, shouting, being rude and shouting.

Do we get experience for John Woo style executions???

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  09:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. This is perfect, as we need a character who can be a bullet catcher.

I've just downloaded a Delta-Green Character creator, which is quite good.

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  23:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4173/byakhee.html

Here's a link to the Character Generator. You'll need the main file, and the two Delta Green files. It's a pretty small download, and fairly easy to use. Do take a note of your investigator's weapons skills, as for some reason they don't always appear on the sheet. Apart from that, it actually works very well. It even has a list of most of the agencies and things - let me know if you want any more info on them.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  15:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got about half of it now, once I have all I will compress and place on file manager area.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  19:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Please

Go to Top of Page

Dies_Irae

United Kingdom
652 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  16:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I shall play a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  00:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be quite keen on running some sessions of this soon. Anyone up for it? For the starting mission, we don't need a huge number of players - only three and a GM would work fine.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  10:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul,

how about nominating some dates, I have to take some days off because I have too many on my card at work, I'd like to maybe take a friday off and do Cthulu if anyone else can.

anyone else available?

this would get us around the problems of meeting at weekends or whatever.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  14:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously, at the moment, any time is good for me. *weep*

Any Friday folks can make, it looks like I can too!

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  12:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, shall we aim to hold daytime session at mine for 16th July, anyone else available?
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  13:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me!

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  16:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we say plan to start roleplaying at 1pm I will take 4 hours off, pick you up at 12ish and head home in time for Paul to entertain us with his lap dancing, I mean delta green.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  17:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right - Those of you who are coming - What I'll do is have enough stuff prepared to last us a goodly time and into the evening, if that's OK?

What you'll need to do is think about your characters. You'll all be Delta Green agents, so it's most likely that you'll come from one of the law enforcement agencies. It's quite common for members of Delta Green to be from the FBI, CIA, etc. If you are not sure what category your character would fit into, drop me a line and I'll see what I can find in the DG book. I'd also advise you to have a backup character. We'll create the characters on the day using Biyakhee, so it's not going to take long.

Oh - You do need to think about how your character came to be in Delta Green. Normally this happens because they've been involved in an investigation featuring the paranormal or other DG agents. It may be that you were a friendly for a while before the death of an agent made space for you.....

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  19:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. But only if your character survives for a few thousand years.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000