Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  18:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Mafia's Mafia

Every culture has their underworld figures - the crime families. The Mafia, the Yakuza, the Triads, the Organizatsiya, and others are all threads in a huge tapestry of criminal activity.

Their close ties and honour codes make them capable law-dodgers, and most of their activities come just below the line of sight of the average man on the street.But sometimes, the resources of a few close-knit families are not enough. Enter Smythe Affili-ated, and its employees - known as Affiliates. Operating above, below, or in spite of the law, the Affiliates provide illicit goods and shady services to many of the criminal families.

Their motto:

Simple. Inventive. Nasty

Published by Anglo-Canadian Games 2005
www.affiliatesrpg.co.uk

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell

Edited by - KrakaHead on 26 Feb 2006 19:00:42

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  19:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every culture has their underworld figures - the crime families. The Mafia, the Yakuza, the Triads, the Organizatsiya, and others are all threads in a huge tapestry of criminal activity. Their close ties and honour codes make them capable law-dodgers, and most of their activities come just below the line of sight of the average man on the street.But sometimes, the resources of a few close-knit families are not enough. Which is where you come in.The Affiliation is not the Mafia but the Mafias Mafia. While they have a single bloodline as their base, their hiring policies ensure that they have a widespread pool of human resource from which to draw. They provide the things that the other criminal organisations need - safe houses, weapons, information and, if the need arises, assassins hired out on a short term basis.In its incept, this organisation thrived. Not only were they no competition for the other crime lords, they actually catered to the families. It was in no ones interest to take them down, and their influence grew over the years.Things have changed. Others are moving in on your territory. There is now a chance that the Affiliation may go to war for the first time in decades. On top of your other duties, vigilance against these others is crucial.

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  19:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get the Character Sheet from here:

http://www.affiliatesrpg.co.uk/docs/CHARSHEET.pdf

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2006 :  19:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will send you details of Character Creation in a bit

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2006 :  09:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading the Players Guide, it recommends that you should discuss what types of character you would like to have and what you think would make a good team.

When you have created your characters, can you send me a copy/details incase I need to have a chat regarding background etc, as i may include bits and bobs to tie into the adventure.

Cheers.

Go to Top of Page

Barghest
Padawan

106 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  18:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have people created characters for this system?

The game mechanisms look quite novel, albeit perhaps that they don't have all that great a probability range. The actual game background seems a bit limited though - kind of endless re-runs of Pulp Fiction! When we played Shadowrun, for example, we had the choice of being light, dark or somewhere in the grey. Affiliates seems to put us firmly in the dark without much say over it, particularly the SIN bit.

From a personal perspective, I think I'd rather play 1920s if playing a gangster setting. And preferably more of a private eye or Untouchable than a Mafia disposal technician. I think I just like my RPGs basically kind of nice these days!

Any other comments? This thread seems to be very quiet so far, but maybe I missed some actual face to face discussion?

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  09:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The others didnt seem to get the e-mail I sent.

I will resend again to all separately

Go to Top of Page

Barghest
Padawan

106 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  10:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it had been rather overlooked!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Snitz Forums 2000