New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  16:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - Notes on last night's session. All in all, I thought it went pretty well. The main rules seem to hold up pretty well, and are very straighforwards leading to quite fast placed action scenes.

The team met up in a newly captured town in Belgium. After displaying their powers to each other briefly (A teleporter, A shapeshifter, A Disintegrator and one who can cause instant death who refrained from demonstrating his power) the team were informed that a German talent had been active on the frontline. The talent would turn all metal in a mile radius to glass, then shortly after another talent would fly past at supersonic speed causing everything to shatter. The power, though, seemed to affect both Germans and Allies judging by the captured glass luger. The players were charged with tracking down the talent and neutralising him.

A messanger burst in, informing the players that someone had broken through the line and was heading towards an airbase to the north of the camp. The players tooled up and set off in two trucks.

Before reaching the base, they spotted a truck zooming off in the distance. Nick teleported over and confirmed this was, indeed, German. Returning back, two MPs from the base told them that they knew nothing of the truck, and everything in the base had turned to glass in the last few minutes.

Bypassing the airbase, Nick teleported the group towards the truck. A shot at the truck resulted in everything turning to glass. Snorg and Krakahead changed a few bits of weaponary back to metal by expelling will on it. Nick moved the group on ahead of the truck again. Finding themselves on the outskirts of a village with a tank, a churchtower and a troop truck heading towards them, Krakahead and Snorg took up position to shoot the emerging nazis and the tyres on the truck. Nick and Andrew teleported into the church tower to check for snipers.

Snorg opened fire on six germans as they emerged from the truck, killing four instantly. Krakahead fired at the speeding truck's tires, but just missed. Andrew transformed into Captain America, and Nick teleported forwards to push the Sniper, but the sniper knew they were there and smacked his rifle into Nick's boobies. The tank started to aim towards Krakahead and Snorg, and a guy emerged from the top to man the machine gun.

Snorg mowed the last two german's down as they ran for cover, and Krakahead pointed at the nazi on the tank. His head exploded. Nick teleported out of the tower and appeared next to the tank. Andrew transformed into a large red dragon, and roared. The Sniper was not phased, and took aim, and a Zed talent at the bottom of the ladder to the bell tower attempted (without success) to null Andrew's power.

The tank loaded it's cannon, and Krakahead and Snorg both dived for cover. Nick put his hand on the tank and it was suddenly inside the church. A large explosion then was heard as the tank fired it's cannon as it re-appeared, blowing a chunk out of the wall. Andrew's dragon ran at the sniper, hoping to knock him over. The sniper's reactions were too good, though, and he shot Andrew, almost blowing his arm off and knocking him to the floor (His power failed at this point).

The Sniper walked over the Andrew, placed the gun on his throat and pulled the trigger. At exactly that moment, nick appeared in the room, touched Andrew and teleported with him back to the truck. Where Andrew's head had been, a bullet caused major damage to the wooden floor. Snorg and Krakahead grabbed some equipment from the dead nazis.

Andrew healed himself a little, and Nick teleported him back to the field hospital where a nun removed most of the rest of his damage through the power of prayer. Snorg kicked open the door of the church, and threw two grenades in, totally taking the nazis by surprise. One caught a grenade under his armpit, and the other landed in a guy's helmet. Two very dead, and four more heavily wounded. Krakahead fired a bazooka in at the ground, destroying all but one of the remainder.

Andrew and Nick arrived back in time to see Krakahead start to question the Nazi about what was going on. Between them, they were just about to get him to talk when Snorg opened up at point blank range with his sub-machine gun. Thirteen bullets sped into the SS guy's head.

Teleporting the tank back outside, the troop followed the tracks of the truck through the snow for about seven more miles, finally finding themselves approaching a bunker in a valley. The radio crackled to life, asking if they'd killed the Americans. Replying in German that they had, Krakahead fired a round from the cannon at the doors of the bunker. It went wild, and exploded somewhere in Austria. Nick teleported on top of the bunker and tried to get a grenade into the machine gun slot. The germans inside opened up on the tank with a machine gun (the bullets just bounced off) and an anti tank rocket, which sped past the tank and down the road.

Krakahead fired another round at the door, as Nick teleported back behind the tank. A massive blast revealed that the doors were busted in, but everything turned to glass again. Krakahead was about to exit the tank but Graham willed the tank back to metal. Andrew loaded another round into the turret, while Krakahead drove towards the entrance. Two germans surrendered and edged out of the bunker. Snorg fired the cannon again, blasting a hole in the back wall.

Leaving the tank, the group heard sounds of a struggle inside. one SS officer was shouting "I surrender!" whilst another tried to strangle him. Nick teleported them back to the American base. The surrendering officer was dropped to the floor, while the aggressor went for his pistol. A shot rang out from an eager private, and the SS officer was dead. The surrendering one then told Nick to release "her" and get her away as she was too young. Nick retrieved a glass unicorn the officer was holding and rejoined the group.

The group investigated a tunnel below the bunker. At the end was a locked room from which a young girl's crying could be heard. Graham disintegrated the lock, and Andrew transformed into a bunny to deliver some chocolate to her. Gaining some trust, the group discovered she was a polish Jew who was being taken to a concentration camp with her family. When they were pulled from her grasp, all she was left with was the unicorn. Her power activated, and everything around her (Bar her immediate surrounding) turned to glass. The germans realised this, and had been taking her to various locations and threatening to shoot her, thus activating her power.

Nick teleported her to England, but after some deliberation kept the unicorn. It was implied that if he hadn't, she may well have been taken back to the front line. The end!

Now, this went pretty well. A couple of things, though - Nick's teleport power ALMOST ended the adventure right at the very start! I had to drastically alter the course of events as written to prevent the group completing the task too easily. Weapons are very deadly - Graham mowing down four nazis in one round goes to show this (But I was using them as if they had no armor on.) Andrew very nearly died when left, weaponless, in the tower with the sniper. I have a feeling his powers didn't work quite as expected, so we might have to slightly re-work them for the main campaign. I might have to put some limits on Nick's teleportation, too, as it's quite powerful! Graham and Eowyn's (sp?)heavy armour seemed to work nicely, but with a zed around, or a lucky shot, or heavy weapons fire, they'd be in trouble.

Do remember that in the main adventure you WON'T be running around armed to the teeth like you were in this adventure. It'll most likely take a few sessions to work out a good ballance of power, but I enjoyed GMing it lots. Hopefully, you all liked playing it as much.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.

admin
God's assistant

264 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  16:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must say great session last night, very surreal mix of killing nazi swines, superpowers and sheer violence.

Nicely GM'd Paul, keep it up (the GMing i mean).

My proudest moment was definitely pouring a pint of water on Andy's head. (RL)

My worst moment was entering my bathroom, to read what Andy had written everywhere using toothpaste and shaving foam. (RL)

Tremble and despair, for I am power!
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  21:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a mating ritual.

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  12:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings!

Just a quick note!

Thoroughly enjoyed the session and as well as finally playing RPG again (I havent gamed for about 3-4 years now!!), it was a pleasure to be a player again! (Have been the GM/DM/God for last few years)

Oh name spell is Elwyn but dont worry I have seen worse!

I now have my rota and will be updating availability accordingly! (Currently in work).

Did you guys contact Phill?

Have fun with Paranoia! And I wish I was There

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  09:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DELETED

Edited by - Evil GM on 26 Oct 2003 09:48:36
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  11:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Youch!

Sourcer of milk any one....

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DELETED
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  12:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dare I say it.......

Bugger it I shall

Its only a game folks and being lurched at the church is not a reason to bow down to pressure and strain of EXAMS and stuff.

Simply chill and plot a surepticious revenge in a game where you will get away with it (Paranoia doesnt count though as it is considered the norm to kill,maim, detonate, shoot, vapourise, destroy and other words to that effect - your team mates! But it is an excellent game to do so though!)

Go to Top of Page

admin
God's assistant

264 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  12:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have deleted several posts, because of their content, and because of the awesome power I wield.

Tremble and despair, for I am power!
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  13:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were' not worthy

lol

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  14:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sniff sniff

Its so Beautiful when couples or... what ever make it up. I get Soooo emotional

Go to Top of Page

Dies_Irae

United Kingdom
652 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  17:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Who /is/ this Mel guy anyway ?

My pirate name is:

Dirty Tom Kidd

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw
in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you
understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even
though you're not always the traditional
swaggering gallant, your steadiness and
planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

part of the fidius.org network
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2003 :  17:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point! Who is Mel?? Or is that a quest thread????

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  16:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thursday, we'll actually be finishing off Paranoia - There are spare characters for you and Elwyn. Depending on how long it takes, we MIGHT start the Godlike campaign, but I doubt it.

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  18:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Joy!

The Computer is my friend! I love the Computer. I am Happy see me smiling

I am Happy because I know the computer is right asnd I can trust the computer because the computer is my friend!

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2003 :  15:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why have you used a smiley that looks not unlike yourself cuddling your wide-eyed clone?

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  21:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? I thought I was doing three! Whoops.

*trims second adventure quite substantially*

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Snitz Forums 2000